Why should you choose Metal Roofing?
Many Historical Buildings in the US were originally built with a metal roof and in recent years metal roofing has become popular again by many homeowners. Metal roofing is an expense and should be researched when making the decision to replace your existing roof or adding it to your newly constructed home because not all metal roof is created equally. There are many styles of panels and colors to choose from as well as the gauge of the metal. These factors are important depending on the location of your home and if you are in a coastal area or more inland. It is important to weigh the pros and cons of metal versus other conventional roofing materials such as tile, wood or asphalt. Metal roofing is designed to withstand windstorms, snow and rain and it is resistant to mildew, fire, insect infestation and rot. When you roof is properly installed and taken care of should last as long as the house.
Benefits of Metal Roofing:
- Longevity: Metal roofs can last from 40-70 years depending on the chosen material
- Durability: some metal roofs can sustain wind gusts up to 140-170 mph, will not corrode or crack and may be impact resistant depending on the chosen material
- Safety: most metal roof are non-combustible and have a Class A fire rating. Metal roof will not spark or ignite into flames during a wildfire or lightning strike
- Energy Efficient: metal roofs reflect solar radiant heat which can reduce cooling costs by 10-25%
- Environmentally Friendly: metal roofs not only have 25-95% recycled content, depending on the material used, but are 100% recyclable at the end of their life as a roof
- Lightweight: metal roofing is lightweight when compared to other systems
OBX Roof Monkeys strive to provide you with a quality roof to last you many years. Our metal systems come in sizes ranging from 12”-21” panels, different gauges and a variety of colors to choose from. Our panels are formed onsite by the specific needs of your home by qualified technicians. We will be there to guide you through the process from start to finish